Me, My Self, and I :D encircling the globe with my trusty D70, one step at a time.. Been so far:France,Belgium, Netherlands, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, Thailand, German, USA Where To Next?

Friday, March 14, 2008

proxy and the ilk...

since working in the Wisma Antara builing, I\'ve dealt with the most
troubling proxy server I ever dealt with. since I\'m just a temp and my
time is almost over, I never really have anything against it. but I felt
that Internet access should be free, regardless of where you are. And
office should not restrict the access in order to gain productivity. it is
my view that when worker spent time on the internet they are either
already finish up their work or they didn\'t done it at all... for the
later, they should be punished, but the employer shouldn\'t punish the
former just because the later did it...

thank god I still have access to my personal server...

talking about server, I\'m of a mind that I really need/want a *real*
personal server. MacMini seems to be the cheapest solution arround for a
personal colocated server. if only I could find a good cheap colocation
service in Indonesia/Asia that is... more and more I felt that there might
be a market for that kind of service... or I could just do it from my
home, set up a working DYNDNS, and be fine... but I don\'t think maxing up
the connection at home will be good idea... unless I made sure that nobody
will use it but me, but that kindda defeat the purpose of having a
webserver isn\'t it?

what to do ... what to do ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home